Sunday, June 24, 2012

Week 1


Hey mom,
It's good to know that everyone is doing well at home. Good to hear dad is looking good. Well I got to Atlanta and was just feeling a little overwhelmed and this lady who was a member came up to me and started talking to me and walked with me for a while and talked to me as well.  After she left to go to her gate I saw a big group of missionaries and that was comforting.  Well I only have like 3 minutes left so ill respond to your email on Wednesday but it was great to hear from you and I can't wait to answer your questions on Wednesday and hopefully I can send some pictures.  After we go to the temple on Wednesday I'll have more time to email and be able to write more so don't worry I'll answer your questions and if you have any more questions I'll answer them.

Love Elder Thornhill 

Hey dad,
It's good it gets really repetitive and we just eat and go to class. Yes we have time to play basketball so that's good and its fun playing with the Africans. My companion is actually pretty good at basketball.  We also went to the temple last Wednesday and that was great. It was really small but when we went in I felt like I was at home. It was a great feeling and I can't wait to go again this Wednesday.

My companion is good Elder Acquah. He was baptized in 2005 and is 21. Most of the African missionaries are at least 20. It kind of weird how old some of them are but I'm so glad they are serving. They will bless the life's of many people.  He is from Ghana and lived in Ho. He is serving in Nigeria.  One is from Uganda and he is really nice and one is from Nigeria and he's kind of grumpy. I guess what they say about Nigerians is true. He's kind of scary. Most of the teachers are from Ghana and my teacher
brother botwe served with Travis Gibson. 

The learning is going well and I'm getting use to how everyone speaks here. I know I still have much to learn and I can't wait to continue to learn.  I know that if I have the spirit with me and can do anything that the Lord wants and I know that if I teach with the power of the spirit I will have success.  No I haven't got anything and I'm sure it takes quite a while to get here.

Today I gave a talk about faith and I started crying.  I guess sacrament meetings do something to me. Well sorry about Wednesday we didn't get back from the temple till late but I'll be able to email again on Wednesday and hopefully I'll be able to send some pictures. I'm having a great time and can't wait to share the joy of the gospel with others. Ha thanks dad. (Dad gave Mitchell's and Erica's plaque's at church a fist bump).

Elder Thornhill

No comments:

Post a Comment