Dear mom,What crazy. I didn't even know it was a problem. Yes I got the rundown from everyone sounds like a hectic week but I am sure everyone enjoyed it.1. (Best of the week?) successful baptism yesterday and we had zone conference on Thursday it was so great. President Judd gave us a lowdown on the new mission and things and it was a great conference. We have Philippine people in our mission. it's crazy.2. (Worst of the week?) Not finding enough new investigators and not extending enough baptismal dates. We had a good month for may but we need to work so that we have a good June.3. (How is your companion?) He is good. he is Nigerian and loves to cook. in that respect we are completely opposite. he is pretty hilarious though.4. (What have you learned from your companion?) How to be patient and to compromise and to be less prideful. I wouldn't say I am prideful but he has taught me to have less pride.5. (Tell me something interesting about the area you are serving ?) We have trains and massive gutters. I saw two donkeys this week and they were fighting.6. (Are you getting use to the new place? With all your new cockroach friends? Can I send something to help with that problem?) The new place is good. I'm pretty used to it now. ha my companion hates the bugs so much. no the cabinets are just infested with them so they will just have to come and spray or just redo the own kitchen counter and everything.7. (Tell me a little about your companion? how long he has been serving, his family, etc,)He has been serving like 6 moths. his dad is dead but he was a member and his older sister is a member but he has about 5 siblings and his mom is not a member. He was a tailor so he can sew some sweet stuff. A lot of the things he wears he sewed himself.8. (Have you found new investigators?) yes but not enough. We got some good referrals this week.9. (How is the new ward you are working with?) The ward is good. the bishop is very humble and the leaders are great. it's a nice ward.10. (are you still a district leader?) Yes I am still a district leader. It's weird because the zone leaders are in our district but it's cool. it's really not a big deal at all.I am doing well mom don't worry too much about me. it is hard but it is the best. alright thanks mom I love you the church is true.Much loveElder ThornhillP.S. good scriptures this week: 2 Nephi 11:7; D&C 76:116-118, 5-10; Mosiah chapter 5 the whole chapterFather,Again the jokes are grade a. Ghana is still sweet. This place is so great. Some times I forget how different it is than America. Yes it is really close to Mataheko. It will be in the Accra west mission. The new mission home is actually like 5 minutes from our apartment. It's a pretty nice building so if stay here I will be in the west mission. sounds like such a crazy week. Man that is crazy he leaves this week, He is going to do great. I am excited to get letters from him. Thanks dad you are a great example to me. I am grateful to have a father like you and just know that I love you and look up to you. Thanks for putting up with me all those years ha. Well things are going pretty well here. We had a baptism on Sunday. Emmanuel and Regina. They are both so great and it was a great experience. Thanks dad have a great week. love youyour son
Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Monday, May 20, 2013
Well I got transferred to Alajo. It's really city. My companion is Elder Ikoro from Nigeria. I was kind of sad to leave and this past week has been somewhat difficult but I know the Lord has a lot for me to learn here so now I just have to figure out what that is and do all that I can. There are massive gutters in our area. Like a bridge goes over them and it's like 40 feet above the water. We also have trains. There are a lot of Muslims but it has been good. We should have a baptism on Saturday. I did a baptismal interview and it was a humbling experience. It was good though. I must admit I need to improve at writing in my journal so I am going to try and write in it every day. The apartment is interesting. Not as nice as my old one. I realized that sometimes I need to be less OCD ha. I am on the top bunk so that is fun. We have a lot of pet roaches so that is good too. But the water is really nice and we have a nice shower if you cared. My companion loves writing super fast on bikes so that is good. We need to find a lot of new investigators so that should be good. It was hot and we had no power last night so I slept outside for a little. I also am reading a 1998 Ensign Conference edition. I read 2 Nephi chapter 9 and I feel that I was taught a lot by the Spirit. It was exactly what I needed.
1. (Best thing that happened this week.) We have two good people we are preparing for baptism.
2. (Worst thing that happened this week.) Just need to do more finding is all. I get sad when I don't go finding. That is something that I have realized this week. So this week I'm finding and finding the Lord's elect.
3. (Best contact?) Saturday night at like 8 we met a man named Bossman. He seems cool and we are going back tonight so hopefully he is there.
4. (Why do you like where you are serving?) I don't know but this area seems good. There are some good residential areas.
I cant think of anyhting else but ask me questions next week so I remember the new things about my area. the church is true. Love you
Thanks dad for everything. I can tell I am going to learn a lot this transfer and it is definitely going to push me so I am excited for the experiences and challenges that await me. i love you dad
Monday, May 13, 2013
It was great to talk to you as well. Sounds like everyone is doing great.
1. (Best of the week?) We met that family. I think I told dad about it. They are so great.
2. (Worst of the week?) We were planning for 2 baptisms but they both fell through.
3. (Best lesson ?) Probably the one yesterday. The wife asked about Melchizdek and the husband asked us about our conversion stories so that was really great.
4. (Best talk at church?) It was fast and testimony meeting so I can't remember my favorite.
Thanks for everything I love you all.
First off I hear you have long hair is that true? Thanks dad have a great week. I hope your calling is going well.
Monday, May 6, 2013
1. (How is your companion? Are things better?) He is good. We are doing well. He is a great man and I love being his companion.
2. (Best of the week.) We got to watch conference yesterday. It was great. I can't wait to read the Ensign.
3. (Worst of the week.) We didn't have as many people as we would have liked at sacrament. We just need to teach more powerfully and by the spirit so that our investigators will want to come to church,.
4. (Most important thing you learned this week?) Being considerate. I think that is something I need to work on. Sometimes I just go off in my own world and forget about other people. So I learned that I need to be more considerate.
5. (What did you do today?) Oh we made a cake. And we don't have an oven so that was pretty great. It tasted so good. It was funfetti and we even had the frosting.
Thanks so much. no problem. No I think that is all. No shirts at least not yet. well I guess I'll talk to you on Sunday. Have a great week I love you
Your favorite son
Ghana is pretty sweet. We are doing a lot of finding. We haven't had too much success but I know that people are prepared to hear the gospel so we are going to continue in the work of the Lord. That is great. Thanks dad for the advice I love you. Have a great week. The jokes are still grade A.Elder Thornhill