Monday, July 8, 2013

Week 56

Dear Mother, 
Sorry I didn't write you. The past few weeks I have tried to send you an email but it was rejected or something it just wasn't letting me send so I'm sorry hopefully this gets to you. We had a crazy week. 

Wednesday- We had to move the Dansoman sisters to an new apartment but we weren't able to finish completely. We had a MLC so we had to take lunches to that. Then we went shopping with the Office Couple for supplies for new apartments. And then later that night we went back to Dansoman and finished moving the sisters. I felt like I was in Elders Quorum but it was good. They were very grateful and I was happy to give them service. 

Tuesday- Sorry I'm skipping back but we traveled to Kasoa, Ashtown, and Buduburam to give the Elders supplies there. It was cool traveling to a different part of Ghana. 

Thursday- We had a Trainers Council so again we had to deliver lunches. Then we went to Amasaman. they have such a nice apartment. We are working with a Ghanaian and he helps us to lease building. His name is Ben Botwe and he actually served with Travis Gibson. So it is nice to work with him.  

Friday- We had a tri zone conference and there were a lot of missionaries there about 80. Then after that we went to Lartebiokorshie  

Saturday- Was a pretty crazy day. We traveled to Asamankese for a zone conference and that was about a 5 hour drive. we kind of took the scenic route so that we could pick up missionaries. so we went through Kwabeng, Abomosu, Asuom, Kade and then finally made it to Asamankese. It was a sweet drive. the road was full of pot holes so it was definitely an adventure.    

But on Friday I saw Elder Wylie and he is serving in my last area Mataheko. So when I was there with Elder Scanlan, we contacted a lady named Juliet at her house and taught her right then. She was very emotional and cried a lot which is something you don't see very much in Ghana, but I didn't think too much of it. So we continued to teach her and she was progressing but I was transferred so I never really found out what happened to her. So on Friday Elder Wylie was talking to me about Juliet and he told me that they had just taught her a few days ago and she really opened up to them and kind of told them the full story of when me and elder Scanlan contacted her. So she told them that the day we contacted her she was feeling very depressed and was planning on committing suicide by taking some rat poison and she was just waiting for her sister to leave. But right before her sister left we knocked on her door. She said at first she didn't want to talk to us but her sister convinced her. And she said that as we taught her we made her feel good again so she no longer wanted to end her life. and now she has committed to baptism as Elder Wylie told me and he said that she has just really felt that Spirit and it has made such a difference in her life. so I am extremely grateful to my Heavenly Father for putting me exactly where I needed to be to help literally save one of his daughters. As I have been pondering about this it has so much strengthened my testimony. I am grateful that He was able to use me to help someone in need.  

Yes I got the package thank you and we have a new address as well so you will have to inform everyone. 

Ghana Accra West Mission 
PO Box 12741 Accra North 
Accra 
Ghana 

My companion is Elder Asay from Utah he is great. We get along well so it has been good so far. President hill is great as well and it has been good getting to know him. Things are going well here. I hope this is long enough for you. Have a great week I love you 

Elder Thornhill


Dear Dad, 

I am doing great. I am in the West Mission. I am serving in the office and an office Elder. Elder Asay came to my area Alajo so still the same area. The President is a lot different than President Judd. But I like him a lot. He has a lot of great ideas and I know the mission will be successful. Thanks dad this was a crazy week. We have transfers again on Wednesday because of the mission split. Should be a good week. Love you dad 

Elder Thornhill

No comments:

Post a Comment