Monday, September 17, 2012

Week 14


Dear Family, 
It's great to hear from all of you and Mom thanks for sending the package. Those are always nice to get. Yes showering last week was not the best thing but it was a good experience. The football will never be good ha but I'm sure the pep rally was good. I'm glad Carly was dressed modestly. It really does make a difference and I'm glad they do. I know I appreciate a lot when girls dress modestly. You know what they say modest is the hottest.  The companionship is good and I'm pretty sure my companion is leaving next transfer which is next Wednesday. He has been in the area for 7 months and I'm sure he is leaving. I'm excited to get a new companion. Oh before I forget Dad I heard the bad news about Lance Armstrong. I guess we can't trust anyone in the cycling world now. And also did the Aggies beat Wisconsin? Well that all I think dad. I know you probably don't watch sports anymore will all those women in the house so I'm sorry for that. 

Mom I'm glad your back is feeling better and the marathon in December should be good. I think I want to run at least one when I get back home. 26.2 miles is a long way though. you are one tough old bird. I'm actually really glad Kasey is doing swimming. I think it will help her out a lot. She has a natural gift for swimming and hopefully it will help her to worry less about things and help her to sleep.  
1. (Do you get to exercise daily?) Yes I ride my bike everywhere. I think that counts as exercise. I know I feel tired afterwards. But I think I need to start doing some pushups and sit-ups. My six pack is looong gone so I think I will start doing that. 
2.(Is the traffic crazy?) Yes the traffic is beyond crazy. I haven't been hit by a car but there have been some close calls. But don't worry the Lord is watching over me that I know for sure. 
3.(Have you spoken in church yet?) Other than bearing my testimony no I have not spoken in church. 
4. (Who are you working with? Your investigators?) The girl named Bariksu. She is kind of crazy because she always calls us but she is a sweet girl and has been to church a few times. She is definitely a character and it's always fun to be around her. 
5. (Have you had anymore baptisms?) No we have not had any more baptisms but we are planning on baptizing a husband and wife later this month so that should be good. 
6. (When are transfers?) Next Wednesday the 26th. I'm pretty certain my companion is leaving and I will be getting a new one. 
7. (How much do you get to go to the temple?) At Christmas we go and other than that not really at all.  
And yes 3rd Nephi is great and it's great to compare the be attitudes from the bible to the book of moron. It pretty great how the Book or Mormon is so clear and perfect. But I love 3rd Nephi and also Mosiah. Its great and King Benjamin is pretty powerful. Thanks for the package mom you are the best! Love you tons 

Carly thanks for the updates on your life. I'm sure you look very nice in your new uniforms and they probably make you play a lot better right? The pep rally sounded like it went well so good job with that and tell Nicki good job with partner stunting. "Being cool" in the worlds standards really isn't being cool at all. I'm glad you stood up for what you believe and have been a good example of a Latter Day Saint. I know I've told you this before but parties like that are just a waste of time and don't lead to anything good. Well I'm glad you had a great week Carly. Keep up the good work and I love and miss you. 

Kasey my favorite hipster! How are you? I'm excited to hear that you are doing swim team and I know you are a great swimmer and you will do great. I know school is not your favorite thing in the world but I know you can get through it and I know you are going to be just fine. I love you Kasey you are pretty great and you always make me feel good. Even here in Ghana when I think about you I always get a smile on my face so thank you. Have a great week. I love you 

Well family I think this is it. We had a mission tour on Thursday with President Dickson there. He is straight power and he only has one arm. But mission tour was great and Iove talking with other missionaries. I met another guy from Utah State Elder Tribe. He is sweet and I can tell we are going to be good friends. Well this week was great and I can't wait for the next one. Hope you all have a great week and stay safe. I love and miss you all.

Elder Thornhill

No comments:

Post a Comment