Monday, November 26, 2012

Week 24


Dear Family,
First off a letter shout out to Dad, Tanisha, and Shan. Thanks for the letters guys. I realized most of my letters are just responding to the letter you guys send so if this is short I'm sorry. This week was another great week. We had a baptism on Saturday. It went well and it was a great experience. At church we had 4 investigators at church which an improvement from last week so I was happy about that. I had a good personal study this week. I have been in the habit of comparing myself to other missionaries and it has not been good to do so. But I was studying from PMG this week and it helped me to know not to compare myself to other missionaries. On page 10 it says don't compare yourself to other missionaries. I know that as long as I am trying my best to fulfill my purpose as a missionary that is all that matters.  
Also this week Elder Thom and I had the privilege of blessing the sacrament. We sung my favorite hymn # 193. It was the most spiritual experience I've had while breaking the bread. I felt the spirit so strongly 
 Its great to hear from you again. WE got to the cafe kind of later today and I was a little annoyed which I shouldn't have been but I'm glad because I got to get the letter from you guys. Oh Kyle I miss that guy. I hope he is doing well. 
1. (What are you doing on p-day?) We wash clean go the market which is pretty crazy. Then we go to the cafe and relax small and then go out at 6. Today we are going to a FHE. It should be fun. 
2. (Will you stay in the area after your companion goes home?) I don't know. He still has one more transfer after this one so I don't know what is going to happen.  
3. (Can you send some pictures?) Well that is kind of hard because I think I left my USB cable in Teshie. So I don't know. I will try and look and maybe next week I can send some.  
4. (Are you really getting fat ? Ha) Kind of I guess. I am eating less here in Mataheko so I'm not as fat as I use to be. Last time I checked I was like 160.
5. (Have you been hit by any cars this week?) No collisions with cars this week. I almost hit a dog though. 
6. (What will you do for Christmas?) We have Christmas conference on the 13th of December and then for Christmas day I will call home and then there is a dinner at a members house for the whole mission. so that should be fun.  
7. (Do you have zone conferences?) Yes we have one tomorrow. 

Dad that is so sweet. (Yesterday, we had a fireside from Bro. Ewudzie, the fourth person to be baptized in Ghana. He said he knew Mitchell from the temple.) That name does look familiar and that is so cool he came to our ward. That is great. He had some sweet purple pants on too. Oh yes I'm sure the English was hard to understand but I'm sure he was awesome.  Good to hear the Aggies are doing well. Carly is going to love it.  

I'm so glad you got to hear from brother Ewduzie. I'm sure it was a great experience. I love the Ghanaian people so much. The church is so true . Sorry it's so short this week but I have to go. Hope everyone has a great week and I love you all.
Love Elder Thornhill 

No comments:

Post a Comment