Monday, February 18, 2013

Week 36


Dear Mother, 
1.(How many times did the electricity go off this week?) I'm not too sure a few times. It has been off since morning time. It isn't fun but it's not too bad. 

2. (What was the worst thing you ate this week?) Oh I just remembered I got your package. Thank you so much. the candy was the best. But worst thing I can't really think of anything. We have an FHE tonight so we will see how that goes. 

3. (Have you been sick at all?) No not at all. Don't worry you son is healthy. A little fat but healthy. 

4. (What did you do for p-day?) We played some frisbee and we are going to meet the other elders after the cafe to play more. 

5. (What do you eat for breakfast?) oats I have had them every morning since being here. and yes they are getting a little old. 

6. (Best scripture this week?) Not really a scripture but something Elder Cook said to us Peace is the reward of righteousness. I really liked that. We got to see him on Saturday and had a little devotional so that was great. He is a powerful man. Also another great story on Wednesday he had a member fireside so we decided to take an investigator. She is great. She is very well educated and has a super nice car. So we took a member with us and she drove us to the temple site in her mini cooper and we had a great time. I really think she felt the spirit and hopefully she will continue to progress. It's a little harder just because she is more higher class but she is very interested.  

7. (Hardest lesson you taught this week?) Veronica! I don't even want to talk about it. It was so bad. it was just really hard and it took a lot out of me.  

8. (Did you see anything that made you say, " wow, people in the U.S. would never believe this") I can't really think of anything. I guess just cows random walking around. 

9. (Did you get your package?) Yes I got it thank you so much.  

10. (Did you go on splits with other missionaries?) We went on one a few weeks ago but no this week. 

I met Phil and Tricia Collins at the temple site on Wednesday. They are serving a mission here. They know our family. Grandma Nat use to pick her up for church. Small world. 
Love Elder Thornhill

Dad, 
First off thanks for the jokes. They are pretty sweet. Yes especially lately they have gone by so fast. It's so weird. I know we are getting 25 new missionaries in April so that is going to be really crazy. The work is hastening.  

I have never heard of that before. A ward reunion sounds really cool.  Yes and also the Spirit World although that will be a little different. No hugs or handshakes. Funny story an investigator tried to hug me this week. Super awkward but I was able to avoid it so that was good. Thanks dad I am glad you have some men around but let's be honest they all pale in comparison to this guy. Ha just kidding but I am getting a more rugged beard though. Thanks dad for everything. I know really how big an impact a dad can make. Thank you for being the best. 

Love Elder Thornhill


No comments:

Post a Comment