Monday, March 4, 2013

Week 38


Dear Mother, 
Man Howie is a champ. I don't think I could of done that. Sorry I just am super tired after we play is all. We played again today. We've moved to the Kaneshie District. We have 6 white Elders in our district. We played some good ultimate Frisbee. Our District leader Elder Rane played a lot in high school so it was really fun. 
1. (Best and worst of the week.) Mom your questions really make me think ha. William came to church again. He is progressing so much and he hasn't drank or smoked since my companion and I gave him a blessing so that is really great. Priesthood power is real.  Worst my companion was really sick on Tuesday like all day so I read the whole Our Search for Happiness in about 4 hours that is a great book.   

2. (Something you learned from scripture study.) Jesus the Christ. That is all I have to say. That book is so amazing. I didn't want to read it because it is so long but I am so glad I did. I'm on page like 100. Joseph and Mary are cousins. and Christ was born on April 6th. Best book Ever. 
3. (Best contact you made.) We actually met a guy last night. We just came out of our compound door and this guy started talking to us. He seems like he has a real genuine interest so that is good.   
4. (Worst contact you made.) These guys were trying to move some furniture into their house and we offered to help them but they said they were busy and we just told them we wanted to help them but they just said come back another time. 
5. (Craziest thing you saw this week.) 2 other white people in the cafe right now. One girl has dreads. Weird  
6. (One thing you miss) Milk and Cereal. 
Well this week was a difficult but everything is great now and we are going to have a wonderful week. I bore my testimony is church and I continue to get hugs from the Bishop so I am guessing that is a good thing. Also I found the best picture book. Do you remember Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel I may have to send a picture. We totally use to read it back in the day and I was just walking on the roadside and saw it in a big pile and I may or may not have bought it ha.  
The church is true the book Of Mormon is the Word of God. So really nothing else matters. I love you all. Shout out to Howie. Well Done sir. I am impressed. Keep up the good work. 

Love Elder Thornhill

Dear Father, 
Backpacks are way too big and they get your shirts way too dirty. I have a shoulder bag and it is so nice. Everyone here uses shoulder bags. We played some good frisbee today. I got really dirty. Very true the Lord is definitely blessing me. Thanks dad  

Love Elder Thornhill

No comments:

Post a Comment