Monday, April 1, 2013

Week 42


Dearest Mother, 
That might be the best tradition you have ever started. When I get home we can study Jesus the Christ as a family ha. I love how much more I know about the Savior. I just finished the chapter about why Jesus taught in parables. it was great. That sounds like so much fun. I wish I could of been there. Yes I would love the ensign we won't watch it until like may. 
Tuesday- Very spiritual DCM. We learned one of the members of our district is going home early because of sickness so the announced that on Tuesday. I felt the spirit so strong and then at the end I offered one of the most spiritual and heartfelt prayers I have ever offered. It was such a great experience. 
Friday- Went to the area office and the doctor looked at my foot and then he cut off part of my toenail. It hurt getting a shot in the toe. It was funny right before Elder Elmer started he said this isn't going to be the most sterile procedure. All I could do was laugh and say "it's ok we are in Africa." so my toe was sore on Friday but it is feeling good now. 
Sunday- Charles came to be confirmed. Usually he just wears like a local African shirt but he showed up on Sunday will a white shirt and tie. He looked great. I love that man. Also Clement came to church. He lived in the US for like 15y ears and his wife and kids are in Virginia but he lives here. He really liked it and hopefully he will get baptized this month. 
Transfers are on Wednesday we are getting more missionaries in our apartment so that will be interesting. But the week was good. Have a great week. 
Love Elder Thornhill 

Dear Father, 
Yes we have transfers this week Wednesday. We are getting more missionaries in our apartment so that should be interesting and the district may get reorganized. I don't think I will move areas so I don't think we will have to worry. Great Chuck Norris joke by the way. ha 
Love Elder Thornhill 

No comments:

Post a Comment