Monday, April 29, 2013

Week 46


Dear Mother, 
I am still in Mataheko. Thank you . I hope President Clegg enjoyed his trip.  
Well this week we went to a BYU Idaho concert thing at the temple site with one of our investigators. It was a good experience for her. She is a tough girl to read so it had been difficult to prepare her for baptism. I also conducted my first baptismal interview this week. It was a great experience and he was so ready. But alas he didn't show on Sunday and the other Elders couldn't get a hold of him. It was sad but hopefully he will be baptized next month. We have this complex in our area called the SSNIT flats and it has like 19 big apartment buildings. We have been doing a lot of finding up there but haven't had too much success. It has been good. We have knocked on a lot of doors. That is what I have found to be most effective here. Street contacting is hard because its hard to find out where they live. I was a little angry at my companion and I had to repent for that. It is so nice to be happy all the time. I hated having that feeling of anger in me. 3 Nephi 11:29. I read the parable of the lost sheep and related in to missionary work. And I asked myself if I am a shepherd or a sheep herder. I have really enjoyed my studies this week. the church is true. I love you mom have a great week. Well have a great week. Love you 
Elder Thornhill

Dear dad, 
Thanks dad for writing me ever week it really means a lot. I hope you have a great week. I hope everything at work is ok. The jokes are grade A. Love you dad 
Elder Thornhill


No comments:

Post a Comment