Monday, August 27, 2012

Week 11


Dear Family, 

Thanks for the updates and I just finished emailing Erica and she sounds like she is doing good. (What does your apartment look like?) The apartment is very plain I actually have some pictures that I will try and send soon. It's very simple. Concrete floors very simple toilet and shower. Just two beds in the rooms and a little closet thing. (Who are some of the people you are working with?)  Ricahard and his wife. He's been to church a few times and he's great. He's getting married this month and I think he's very interested in eternal marriage. Saul as well he's 24 and we introduced the Book of Mormon to him last week. He is great and his girlfriend is a member. I really hope we can get him to church. I think it will take some effort but I know he will love it when he comes. (What is the funniest thing that has happened to you since you have been in Ghana?) Umm  funniest thing I don't really know. There's a lot of funny things but we burned a shirt last night because it was my companions one year mark. So that was pretty cool. (How long does it take you to wash your clothes?) Today I think we did it in about an hour and a half. It went fast today and its good cause I do it with Elder Bradshaw. (What are the stores like?) A lot are just little shops that people have. There are very few stores that you actually walk in and the stuff is more expensive there anyway. So there is just a lot of stands with stuff to buy.   
Kasey it's great to hear from you and I'm sure goodwill is as good as ever. I hope school is going well and that's cool dad bought a jacket for Skyler. yes Randolph was fun and a great experience I hope you enjoyed it. The food is ok and I'm still getting use to it but I'm sure I will love it eventually. Have a great week and stay hipster.  
Thanks dad that update about Randolph was great and is sounds like you had a great time . I'm sure Randy will love to talk to you in the next life. Thanks Dad you are the best. I hope work is good and you are enjoying taking the bus and being a desk jockey ha. I hope the calling is going well and I'm sure it's a lot of work but very rewarding. I love you dad and I miss you. You are a great example to me and I hope your week is great. ha thanks for the joke and it's good to see James has a mission call. 
Carly it's good to hear from you and it sounds like everything went great. The pep rally sounded pretty legit so good job with that. Yea that stinks about the game but you can't win them all right. That's sad about Kristin's mom and that's sad. her mom was pretty sweet. I love you all and I'm having a great time here and this work cannot be stopped. I love it here and I hope all of you have a great week I love and miss you all. 

Love Elder Thornhill

No comments:

Post a Comment