Monday, October 8, 2012

Week 17


Dear Family, 
Man I opened my email today and Skyler told me about the announcement. (The age for missionaries has been changed. Boys can go when they are 18 instead of 19 and girls can go at 19 instead of 21.) So crazy! We didn't get to watch conference and so I hadn't heard the change in age. All 4 of us "oh brunis" (white guys) were going crazy in the cafe and man I can't believe how crazy that is. The missionary army is going to be so much bigger. It will be weird to get 18 yr old missionaries out here as well. I hope they are well prepared to serve missions and the work really is moving forward. Because of this President Judd was saying how we will be able to open new areas and further the work here in Ghana. It really is so great. So nope we didn't watch conference and we won't watch it until next month. That kind of stinks but we will get the Liahona soon and I am going to devour the whole thing haha. Ah Elder Bradley is so great and we get along so well. It is a companionship made in heaven. I love him so much. Honestly the new age is just freaking me out. I don't know what to think. I'm glad though that I went to a year of school and I don't think I would of been ready for a mission right out of high school. That would be crazy if Carly went next year around this time. I'm glad you were able to watch conference and I'm actually really jealous. We did make French toast on Sunday and that was delicious. 

Carly honestly I didn't really know you had such a strong desire to serve a mission. But you will be able to leave very soon. Well Carly sorry it's kind of a scatterbrained email but I really can't concentrate very well right now but have a great week and I'll talk to you next week.  

Abbey everything is going very good. I hope Mexico is treating you well. You are a great runner abbey and I know running in the off season will help you out a lot. You have a lot of talent and I am glad you are using it. Have a great week and I miss you 

Kasey it sounds like you had a tiring day swimming. That is really far and I don't think that I could ever do that. Kasey I hope you are having a great time in Mexico and I know that you always enjoyed it. Thanks for the advice Kasey and have a great week 

Mom I was super bummed that we couldn't watch conference. that would be pretty intense to have 3 kids on mission. I really think that there are going to be so many more sisters that serve and the missionary force is going to be huge. The work is going forth and no one can stop it. It really is a great feeling to be a part of that.  

1.( When do you watch conference since you are 7 hours ahead of us on time?) We will watch it in about a month. It kind of stinks but it's ok.  
2. (Do you watch the priesthood session and when?) No I don't think we will be able to watch the priesthood session.
3. (How are the 4 white missionaries doing?) We are all doing very well. The apartment is pretty legit and we all get along so well.  
4. (How is your new companion?) So great I think I talked about it already but we get along so well. I love him our companionship is great. 
5. (Are you really getting chunky?  Do your pants still fit?) I am getting a little bit bigger but my pants still fit. I just have a little belly now. 
6. (What are eating? to make you gain weight?) Bread oats rice and fufu thats the big one. fufu makes you fat.  
Thanks mom for the questions I love them. I hope everything is going well. And have a wonderful time in Mexico and I'll talk to you next week! 

love Elder Thornhill


  

No comments:

Post a Comment