Monday, October 1, 2012

Week 16


Dear Family, 
Carly I know Teshie is pretty sweet. 4 "oh bruni's" (white guys) in one apartment. I'm not trying to brag or anything but we might have the best apartment in the whole mission. Yes Elder Bradley my new companion. He is so sweet and we are working very hard. Great job on making it to state that is very good I'm happy for you. hah I know it seems weird that it is October it still feels like it is still the summer. Well I hope you have a great week and thanks for writing.  

Dad yes I have a new companion Elder Bradley from Midway. He is so good and we work so well together. This is going to be a great transfer and I am expecting great things from my companion and I. It is a little bit different but Its great and I love our apartment so much. We are going to enjoy in Teshie. Yes the short one is my companion. He is so great though. I already love him. I am glad Abbey is doing well in running and I know she has the potential to be very good. Thanks dad for all the advice. It's going to be weird when I go home and I won't see any black people. I think I am going to miss that. Well thanks dad and have a great week . 

Mom- It's good to hear everyone is doing well. Mom I am going to miss the cinnamon rolls for conference. I haven't had cinnamon at all since I've been here and cinnamon rolls sound so good ha. Well enjoy a lot for me.  
1. (Tell us about your new companion.) Elder Bradley. Short. From Midway. He is a great wrestler won state twice (that's for you dad) He is only one transfer ahead of me so we are both very fresh. We work very well together and I am looking forward to this transfer so much. 
2. (Do you get any news from the USA?) No not really at all. I guess that's a good thing but I'm sure we will hear about the Presidential election.  
3.( IS the lady you baptized the one you have been talking about?)  No that is the other elders baptism but we just went for support. Hopefully we will have 2 baptisms on the 13th of October.  
4. (Are you working with anyone right now?  IF so who?) Yes we are working with a few people but we are trying to find more people to teach. We are trying to form good relationships with the members so we can get good referrals. We are trying to kind of rejuvenate the area and I know we are going to work very hard. Ok Matilda she has been to church for months so we are just working out some concerns. Luke is 15 and is great. We just have to teach him a little more and hopefully he will be baptized. 
5. (How do transfers work? Do all the missionaries meet at the mission home?) Yes all the missionaries go to the area office and then to the mission home. They are very close. So on Wednesday I just went to the area office and picked up elder Bradley and took him back to Teshie.  
Thanks mom you are amazing and I love you so much. Well thanks for everything and I hope everyone has a great week. I love and miss you all!

Love Elder Thornhill 


The pink mosquito net 

At the beach


The ice cream that only lasted a day!


His companion and other missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment