Monday, November 4, 2013

Week 73

Dear Mother, 
Well sounds like a good week. 
Monday- Met this man named Antwi I thought he wasn't very interested but he was pretty cool. Nothing too exciting. 
Tuesday- Had coordination and that was good. We have a good relationship with the ward which is really nice. I love our bishop he is a taxi driver.  
Wednesday- I am not sure if I talked about this last week but we found a man named Joel and he was baptized in 1989 in Ivory Coast and it has been a long time since he has been to church. We were able to get him a French Book of Mormon and hopefully we can get him back to church. He is pretty cool. We also met a man named George and we taught him about the Book of Mormon. He is very educated and seemed interested. Its sometimes nice working with educated people and hopefully he progresses.  
Thursday- The zone and district leaders had a meeting in Accra at the temple site so we had to wake up early to go. We got there by 7 30 and we had a nice meeting. We talked about a lot of things and I enjoyed it. It was also Halloween and we ate some candy ha. 
Friday-we had an interesting lesson with two men. We were contacting some houses and I thought we should go down this one path way and then we walked into this compound and there were two men sitting down and we were able to sit down and that is when the fun began. Both of them were anti to the church and they started asking all kind of questions. They could not accept the Book of Mormon and did not think it was scripture. One of the men boldly declared that the Book of Mormon was not scripture and that he would never accept it. It was kind of frustrating and sad that they were so hard in their hearts that they wouldn't even read. But my testimony was strengthened as me and my companion were able to share our testimonies with them that we know the Book of Mormon to be true. it was a crazy lesson and I hope that someday they will read and pray about the Book of Mormon. 
Saturday- Meet a great guy named Larry. Very educated and we told him about Conference and we showed him on his computer and he seems so cool.  
Sunday- We watched conference and that was great. We also had a surprise fufu fm and that was nice. 
Well I think that is it for the week. We are going to the temple tomorrow and that will be great. Things are good. I am continuing to learn from my companion and I am grateful for my testimony and the knowledge that I have. Well love you have a nice week 
Love Elder Thornhill

Dear Dad, 
That is pretty great. That is a great hymn I have gained a deeper appreciation of the hymns since being here and I have come to love so many more. thanks dad I love you. Things are going well and I really am trying to be the best companion. Love you have a great week 

Love Elder Thornhill

No comments:

Post a Comment