Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Week 6


Dear Family, 
Thank you everyone for writing. It really does mean a lot. Abbey Africa is good our house is very simple but its good and I keep my side of the room clean and neat so that makes it good. It sounds like your having a great time. Man that's crazy about the pipe I hope everything is ok and the damage isn't too bad. The area is good we are teaching a 13 year old boy and he is so smart and really loves the scriptures. It's great to see him at church and already trying to help the other deacons.  He is going to be a great Priesthood holder and I can't wait for him to be baptized. Yes the sister missionaries are from South Africa and Ethiopia. Oh Cher bear I miss her and Jeff. You guys are going to love Weston. Tell Kyle hi for me when you get up there. We also got to go to a Alex Boye concert and the temple square on Thursday. He's a Nigerian and is famous for the song Peponi that he sings. You guys should look him up he's really good.  But he actually came to our chapel on Sunday.  There were some white people with him and it was weird to see them. We got to meet him and he was a really cool guy. He gave me a hug which was kind of weird but cool at the same time. I never would have thought I would of meet him but I did and it was a great experience. He is a convert to the church and his conversion story is inspiring. So our Sunday was pretty eventful and the Zone leader came to interview that boy Joseph and that was great too.  It was a wonderful Sunday. Ben it's great to hear from you. ha Dad has always been good at embarrassing us and I'm sure Carly is enjoying that. Oh yes there's bread in the oven. I'm sure Mikkal looks great.  It's going to be sweet to have a little Ben running around. Dang Robert Turbin that is great for USU and I hope he does well. Thanks Ben. Thanks Mom you are the best. Everything here is great and I'll continue to send pictures. I know you like seeing that your baby boy is ok. This work is so great and I'm so grateful to be a part of it and to be the Lords servant. Never before have I studied the scriptures like I do now and I just love my personal study and reading the Book of Mormon.  I get so much out of it every day and my testimony of it grows every time I read. It really is the most correct book on this earth and it is so dense and has so many good things in it it's unbelievable. I'm realizing how important scripture study is and how it can bless our life. The church true and is for everyone.  I love you all and I hope all is well. 

Love Elder Thornhill

No comments:

Post a Comment