Monday, July 30, 2012

Week 7

Dear Family, 
First off I want to thank Brad Shumway. He sent me a letter and I just barely got it this last week when we had zone conference at the temple site. Thank you Brad so much. That letter gave me strength and also had some good advice that I hadn't heard before. Brad you are a great man and I hope medical school goes great this year and when I get back I can call you Dr. Brad. I hope the family is doing well and I am indeed grateful for your letter. It meant a lot that you sent it and it was a great surprise. You are a great example for me and I have always looked up you. Thanks again and good luck with school. ( Mom or Dad make sure Brad gets this message. It was very thoughtful of him to send me a letter and I want to make sure he hears back from me) 

Alright well this week has been great and I can tell you all had a great week. Thats good that you were able to see the Griffins and I sure do miss Skyler. Tell him that he can email he if he likes and I would love to hear from him. Oh yes the farm is great and I hope Jeff took out the Trail 110 for a ride. Yes I already sent grandma an email and I'm sure she'll have many questions for me. I also emailed Erica and it sounds like she is doing great. I'll already be done with one transfer by the time she gets to Russia.
We teach a lot and sometimes we go knocking doors but it is not as effective as getting referalls from members. We get up have personal study at 8 and then companoion study at 9 to 11 then we usually have people to teach or we just go to our investigators houses and go teach them.Then sometimes we do some finding but we teach a lot. we also have meetings at the church on tuesdays. Then we usually have an hour for lunch and dinner and then were back at the apartment by 9 and then we do daily planning and then we go to bed. Its nice to have such a structured schedule.   
Dad thanks for the updates on the tour and i almost forgot about it. Well have to watch it when i get back. I actually had some ice cream today but its really expensive and its not the best but it still is really good. Alright i'll let you know how long it takes to get here and just tell him to email me.  
This week has been great but I realized that there will always be opposition to the work and not everyone is accepting of the gospel. It was a humbling experience and I tried to be as Christlike as I could through the whole thing. I dont want to say anyhting bad about the person so I'll spare the details but it was a good learning experience for me and it really did teach me. It may not have been very enjoyable but it taught me a lot. We also had zone confrence this week as that was great. President Judd is a great teacher and it was great to learn from him. It was a great conference and it really made me want to be better and to be a better missionary. Thank you everyone for emailing it really does mean a lot and its great to hear from you every week. Mom, Dad, Carly, Nicki, Abbey, and Kasey I love you family and I miss you. I hope you have a great week and I cant wait to hear back. I am blessed to be a servant of the Lord and I'm trying to magnify this calling that I have. I love it here in Ghana and I love sharing the gospel. 
love Elder Thornhill
"The one at the temple is with a ward missionary. He is with us for just one transfer.His name is Brother Donkoh and he might be one of the craziest people I've met but I love him. We have really developed a great frienship and he helps me wash on Mondays. " 



"The other one is the boy we baptized on saturday. His name is Joseph and he's 13. He is really exicted to pass the sacrament next sunday and he is a great kid. "


No comments:

Post a Comment